Sunday, September 14, 2008

What The Heck Are You Freakin Looking At?

Most times in our churches today we have this view, "What is he or she doing here, they live like hell?". The church and Christians look at people, that look and act like the world, as an alien. We don't even give them a chance. We write them off quicker than we care to find out their name.

I am so sick of Christians acting this way towards people. We have a responsibility to the world, to show them Christ, at any cost. I am tired of people thinking that the church will not accept me because: I am gay, I am sexually active and not married, I am addicted to drugs, I am a liar, I am an alcoholic, I have children out of wedlock! Aren't these the people we are trying to reach and show the redemptive love of Christ?

I think Christians need to take a step back and understand what their purpose is, and by the way, it is loving people. I think if Christ was physically in our churches today, He would be quick to find out the name of that one that walks in the church doors, who lives like hell, and be a friend to that hurting person. Being a christian is not permission to live above anyone, but to understand that the world is whom Christ came to lift up out of a life of hopelessness.

What the heck are you freakin looking at?

Keep Dreaming

1 comment:

KevinConnell said...

Thats a reminder we all need to hear. Look at others through the eyes of Jesus. Just because I accept them and reach out to them with the love of God doesnt mean that I approve of their behavior or lifestyle. That change comes after a relationship with Christ, not before.