Friday, August 15, 2008

The Alpha of my Blogging Experience

Well here it goes world,

As I begin to think about what should come of my first blog, all I can do is think of beginnings. To begin something is to take a risk, put yourself out there, and to expose yourself for whom you may truly be or not.

Today was one of those times where I had to look back at the beginning. Twelve years ago today I began my journey as a Christ follower. I have examined where I have been and where I am going, and am truly thankful for that moment where I realized that Christ must be the center of my life. Its not always been the right relationship where I was following God, but because of His loving grace, Christ always accepts me were I was. And for that, all I can do is give my life.

Beginnings also take you to a place of uncertainty and puts in a place to solely trust Christ for your every need. For now, I am in Ft. Worth, Texas at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. I am truly humbled by the opportunity to be here and to be under such a blanket of greatness. I have been in complete amazement of what God is doing in my life. Don't ever forget that Christ thrives on your uncertainty because He knows what is certain.

The ugly side of beginnings is there almost always is an end. For me last Sunday night was ugly. When I left my family and the students at PL I have grown to love, I never thought it would be this hard. It was a tough time and for me it still is but I know one thing, as time progresses the students I have grown to love will go out start their own beginnings.

We all have to start somewhere, so what do you need to begin?

Keep Dreaming

5 comments:

KevinConnell said...

I need to begin something September 1st...

2xBorn said...

glad you joined the blogging world..that was a good start

2xBorn said...

alrite ready for another blog now

Unknown said...

i love you bigA. have fun with your new beginnings.

Anonymous said...

Accept not except